I Adore Everything Re-Purposed

08:09

There is something to be said about taking something and saving it from the dump and turning it into something beautiful.


I have a huge appreciate for quality furniture.  Now a days quality furniture is either hard to find or extremely expensive.  I learnt when I had my daughter and began setting up her nursery that we could go and purchase a dresser for $300 that was particle board and would never last.  Or I could find something used and redo it.  This was our first project in our home and we were hooked!  We purchased a beautiful solid wood dresser for $80 and turned it into my favourite piece in her room.  We did a simple update with chalk paint and distressed it.  My husband took the doors off which we hung as wall art (reuse everything) and we updated the hardware.



  

After that I was hooked, and we have done so many wonderful furniture redo’s in our home.  I get so excited.  Even friends and family have hit us up to help them do pieces for their homes.  

This hutch is a before and after.  How fun!




A client actually gave it to us in trade for us redoing her nightstands.  So super score.


I love how it turned out and the lovely people who have it in their kitchen display their children momento.(Even though I absolutely love it and it would make a fantastic homeschool centre)
































This set of dressers I am lucky enough to have in our master bedroom.  They are seriously INCREDIBLE.  Now here is what I love.  I scored them off a buy and sell for $100 including a queen bed frame.  Now we didn't need the bed frame so we sold it (for $100) so the dressers ended up being FREE!!!!

Now we updated the hardware and legs with a brushed silver look and then two tone chalk paint.

This set I will NEVER get rid of.  The unique drawers even have dividers in them.  

















Our master bedroom night stands were still drying when I took this photo.  I was so excited about them.  I lucked into a solid wood set for $20.  All I had to do was sand the top.  I loved the vintage hardware so just washed it.  Then painted the bottom with Trainstation chalk paint and liquid wax.  The top I just watered down the paint and did a light coat and wiped it off.  Then sealed it.








I had a friend call me and she had seen some 

of our stuff we had redone.  She had fallen in love with a $3000 dining set.  There is nothing wrong with that but not everyone can spend that kind of money.

She ended up finding this one for $100 and the detail in the bottom was fantastic.  Then when my husband sanded the top we saw the beautiful chevron pattern in the top.  I couldn't have been more excited for her as she LOVED chevron.  

We recovered the chairs and did a glaze on the top to allow the natural wood to show through and then painted the chairs and bottom of the table.


We have done so many other pieces but I couldn't share them all.  This is just a few of them.  It gets me excited though having saved so many things from the landfill and saved our family so much money at the same time.


We were lucky to have found Superior Paint Company in Kelowna, BC and I love their chalk paint so much.  They have multiple sizes and colours which makes any project possible.  They offer many other products as well that I haven't yet tried but can't wait to.  They also offer classes if you are interested in learning how to refinish your own projects.  They are a lovely couple who also offer custom furniture, they refinish your furniture, or teach you how to do it yourself.  



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love this!! I'm looking at painting Addie's crib a grey! I'm curious about chalk paint, is there such thing as baby friendly? Or are they all. Asically safe for kids?

    ReplyDelete

More about me

I'm also a photographer! Check out my work at

Let's be Social

Popular Posts