Our Family is Growing

20:34

I'm sitting here watching my husband play with our two kids and am so very grateful.  I married an incredible husband one that will set the bar high for our daughter in choosing a husband one day.  As well, setting a standard for what my son hopes to be as a husband.  Not only is he an amazing husband......he is an outstanding father.


So I'm so very excited to announce that our family is growing again.  I knew I always wanted a big family but it wasn't until I married my husband that I knew we could handle it.  I did spend years before him raising our son on my own however now that he's in our family I realize how amazing parenting as a partnership can be.


We are blessed with an incredible 6 year old son who every day I am so very grateful for.  He's the reason that I get to live the life I always imagined.  I know that sounds crazy but life was miserable in my "first life" so he was the reason I knew I needed to make changes.  I was so excited to find out I was expecting a son. I wanted nothing more than to be a mom to a son.  He is by far the most amazing big brother.  He is patient at times I find absolutely incredible.  He is a wonderful teacher and such a protective big brother.

We also have a 1.5 year old little girl.  I was terrified to find out I was having a girl.  Worried because let's face it I too was a little girl once.  So I wished very hard I would have a little girl like my sister.  I wanted a blonde, fiesty, stalky little girl who also enjoyed doing boy things.  Now I call my sister all the time laughing saying I really did get a little girl just like her.  She loves Rock n' Roll like my sister.  Dad and her big brother like this for sure as I'm a country music lover.  She enjoys heavy equipment, getting dirty, and playing cars like her big brother.

Now we have been trying for the last year to have another child.  I now know the feelings and struggles that families have when they want so badly to be pregnant and it's taking longer than expected.  I was nursing my daughter until 14 months so my doctor said that wasn't helping us get pregnant.  However I wasn't willing to stop.  Disapointment each month when discovering we still weren't pregnant.  However now.....I am so very grateful the world has worked out the way it has.  My daughter has been potty trained since 14 months, and is much more independant now so I can appreciate the 2 year gap that will be between these two.

We are expecting this little one the end of August.  Phewph!  It becomes very hard trying to plan for a baby when you are wedding photographer.  I had a dating ultrasound to make sure of dates and was able to call my brides for 2017 and explain that I would either be huge pregnant at their wedding or that I would be able to photograph their wedding a week after having this child.  People think I am crazy however I shot a wedding 4 days after my daughter so I am very capable.

We are excited for our family to grow.  I love that my children have siblings to share memories with and to grow up knowing they have a family there for support and encouragement.

I'm very lucky after so many newborns I photographed this year I will get to hold my own little bundle of joy.

Now to get through this pregancy with as little time spent in front of the toilet as possible. Hehe.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

More about me

I'm also a photographer! Check out my work at

Let's be Social

Popular Posts