TV Shows for Kids and Families

08:27

My son is 6 and in grade 2 and to be honest we haven't had a cartoon on since I can't even remember. This makes the little bit of TV we watch as a family much more enjoyable.  Our TV doesn't come on until after bath time and they get a show before bed.  Some parents never even think that they don't have to sit through cartoons.  Here is a few shows my son absolutely loves and we do too.  He's totally interested and we started this style of television when he was 2.



How its Made - this show gets his brain working and it's so much fun to watch something we use every day and had no clue how it was made.  We also enjoy checking after the show is over online how much those items cost after seeing the show and all the work that goes into it.

Jade Fever - There is something really exciting about watching a crew search for Jade.  My son immediatly wanted to go outside and hunt for Jade.

Netflix Documentaries - can't hurt to learn!

Forged in Fire - My son enjoys watching men forge weapons and have them go through tests to compete on who can make the best knife.  At first I was hesitant on allowing this show as we don't want violence.  However it's really neat watching them take a simple peice of metal and turning it into a work of art.  He has a competative edge so competitions really keep his interest.

The Curse of Oak Island - this show has a great way of keeping you hooked.  We look forward to each week following along as they search with incredible equipment for the hidden treasure.  All ages are sure to like this show.


These are just some of the shows we like to watch in our home for fun.  Enjoy.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

More about me

I'm also a photographer! Check out my work at

Let's be Social

Popular Posts